Smoking cause and effect Essay
One of the most common problems today that are killing people, all over the world, is smoking. Many people start this horrible habit because of stress, personal issues and high blood pressure. Some people began showing off or some people wanted to enjoy it . One cigarette can result in smoking others, which can lead to major addiction. When someone smokes a cigarette they are not only hurting themselves, but others around them. Smoking does many horrible things to the human body that most people are not aware of. Almost everyone knows that smoking causes cancer, and heart disease; that it can shorten your life by 10 years or more; and that the habit can cost a smoker thousands of dirham’s a year. So, why people are still smoking? The answer is obviously, addiction. Smoking is a hard habit to break because tobacco contains nicotine, which is highly addictive. There are several effects and causes of smoking;
First of all, teenagers smoke because they want to be fit,. Teens see their
friends smoke and they think it makes them look cool or independent plus them.
Feel no tension plus worries. The first cause of smoking which is Nicotine is
an addictive and harmful substance contained in cigarettes. It reduces tension
and it is also believed that it can have a calming effect on people who are
anxious and worried. Although, people smoke when they are depressed, lonely or
bored and it helps them to reduce the stress. Second main cause of smoking is
“psychological” (MENTAL) which seems to be a very important factor for people
to get the habit. In many cases, smoking is started at a young age due to high
blood pressure, tobacco. Many people who start smoking have a family member or
close friend who smokes. Smoking is like a slow death. There are various
examples of smoking. Smoking leads to lung cancer, heart disease, strokes,
asthma and wide variety of other diseases. Smokers experience more coughs and
colds as compared to non- smokers. Besides affecting oneself, it also has a
negative impact on others around smokers which is also known as second hand
smoking. Also any pregnant women who are exposed to cigarettes smoke will have
an increased risk of having abnormal baby. Did you ever wonder what's in the
cigarette that millions of people love to smoke every day? Well, there are over
4000 toxic substances in a cigarette. Some of these are: Arsenic (found in rat
poisons), Acetic acid (found in hair dye developer), Ammonia (found in
household cleaners), Benzene (found in rubber cement), Butane (found in lighter
fluid), Carbon Monoxide (found in car fumes), Hydrazine and Methanol (both
found in rocket fuel), Tar (found in roads).
Smoking is a habit which individuals find difficult to quit. Many people make
preparations for months in their effort to get rid of the habit, Many teenagers
smoke because of depression and stress, but they should know by now that
smoking kills you from the inside the are many ways to solve problems like
those but one of them is NOT smoking. It's just madness and it will give you
cancer. People like teenagers don’t think. SMOKING is BAD for YOU!!!!!!
Always try to avoid what your friends say about smoking, just say Alhamdulillah
by what Allah has given to you, So Alhamdulillah for everything, and please
According to the American Cancer Society, around 90 percent of adult
smokers began smoking before the age of 19. Because nicotine is highly
addictive, this is a serious problem. For many young people, trying that first
cigarette will be the start of a life long habit that may have an extremely
negative effect on their overall health. Have
a question? Get an answer from a doctor now!
· Peer Pressure
· Many young people start smoking because of peer pressure. They will try their first cigarette or continue smoking cigarettes in order to fit in with friends, to become popular or because they are afraid to say no.
· Advertisements and images that promote or glamorize cigarettes often influence young people to smoke. Celebrities who smoke in movies or on television send the message to young people that smoking is "cool."
· Young people can develop a variety of health problems early on from smoking, like bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease. They can also develop more severe problems later in life, including respiratory problems, cancer, heart disease and vision and hearing problems.
· Young people who do not smoke themselves can still suffer from the negative effects of second-hand smoke. Those who are exposed to the second-hand smoke of family members or friends may still develop respiratory problems, cancer or heart disease.
· According to the American Cancer Society, research shows that teenagers who smoke cigarettes are more likely to abuse alcohol, use illegal drugs or engage in other high-risk activities than those who do not smoke.